Friday, October 5, 2012

What to expect from Family Parables Blog

I love my family!

I love the scriptures!

I know that God gave us both families and scriptures to help us grow. I find the scriptures answer my questions and help me make better decisions in life. I also see great promises from God for people that decide to follow his words. I believe that if families found modern application for biblical principles, we would all be much happier and our families will be much stronger. That’s the premise for Family Parables. The Family Parable books specifically talk about a family that uses Jesus’ parables to solve their problems.

This blog is all about the family and principles taught in the scriptures to help strengthen families. Scriptural truths are eternal. They never lose importance or power. To demonstrate these truths, I will incorporate stories as often as possible, some fictional and some factual. I think we understand principles better when we see them in context. 

I openly acknowledge my imperfections as a husband, father and reader of scriptures. If there are mistakes in my logic or explanation, I apologize up front. Don’t let my weakness keep you from learning something that can help bring you closer to God.

I hope you will use these blog posts to start discussions with your family and then continue learning with your own prayerful study of the scriptures.

Next week’s blog: The family is under attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment